Sunday, September 28, 2008

Close to 4 months are left for the next marathon, in Marrakech, Morroco . Running in Appleton last weekend was an eye-opener, I realized we'll have to work hard to get back in good shape to complete the run. This week I put in around 40 miles of running and resumed strength training. The aim is to build a good tempo run tolerance of approximately 14 miles. I intend to run a warm-up run of around 2 miles at 9 minutes a mile pace, followed by alternating a mile each, at 8 minute/mile, and 8.45 minute/mile pace. The long runs will be over the weekends gradually increasing the distances to around 22 miles. This time around I plan to train at least 4 times a week.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Rahulji- are you trying to follow Sir Ranulph Fiennes?- you have 15 years - answer next time
    Rahul Verma said...
    No intentions. It's a tall order to follow Sir Ranulph Fiennes, I don't want to lose my fingertips.

Post a Comment