Friday, October 10, 2008

A Setback, I Hope a Minor One

Over the last 12 days I have tried to push for more mileage. Initially everything seems to go with the plan. Last week I was able to put more then 30 miles of training session, including a long run of 8 miles. However I've had some discomfort in my lower back with some radiation of pain to the right leg. My diagnosis is probably a nerve entrapment. This week until today, I had been able to run only 4 miles . I felt low and miserable. Did some stretching exercises last night, and surprisingly felt good in the morning. Ran 5 miles at a slow pace in the morning, with no worsening in back pain. Returning back from work, I was able to sneak in another 7 miles. Tomorrow's a rest day, possibly some cross-training. I will attempt 13/14 mile long run on Sunday.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    RV--I knew something was wrong. You need to listen to your body when rest is needed. If you do not listen to your body, you will have to listen to me!
    Judy
    Tanvir Kazmi said...
    Thanks for your suggestion Rahul, I will decide in time for the 305.

Post a Comment