Monday, March 10, 2008

Week Starting 3rd March, 2008.

Busy week, I was on Call over the weekend which made it very unpredictable, in terms of maintaining the running schedule. Realizing that being on Call is a way of life for me, I have limited my runs to 2 for the week on call. Green Bay continues to be cold although there is hope with some improvement in weather expected next week. This week I did get time to reflect on the training routine I have attempted to maintain. First of all Bellin XL program proved to be boon for me. Time spent on core exercises particularly stretching, lunges and strength training has been well worth it. I was lucky to work with Barry Rubin, who was previously Green Bay Packers strength coach. He took a keen interest in helping me out, a novice athlete, considering that he works mostly with top athletes. I put in almost 35-40 hrs. of training with him. As it is all good things come to an end , Barry has now joined Philadelphia Eagles organization. I have continued to train at Bellin XL program. For the Running schedule I have followed the First Marathon Furman Institute Program. There have been some set backs along the way including a very frigid winter with subzero temperatures limiting ability to run long distances outdoors, a nagging groin injury and then the recent bout of Flu which has left me with contused ribs due to excessive coughing. The good news I am on the mend and hopefully should be able to complete the last few runs of the training program.

This week
Tuesday, 4th March…… Strength Training
Thursday, 6th March….. Easy Run 5 miles
Saturday, 8th March……..Long Run 8 miles @ 8’.55”/mile pace

7 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Enjoy your run this weekend. Hope the weather is nice. Its a long run make sure you have rested properly prior. amy
    Anonymous said...
    I am so impressed with your dedication. Not everyone can be a marathon runner. Keep up the core exercises and vigorous training and I know you will qualify for Boston!!! Tonya
    Tanvir Kazmi said...
    Hey Rahul, are you intending to run all the 4 marathons you have listed! That seems like an amazing programme... running some of the best ones. It will surely be very tough considering that this would be your first series of marathons. Ideally it is recommended to run a couple a year at the max with an ideal gap of 6 months. But finally, it is down to each individuals capability, and I dont doubt yours. Keep it going!
    Rahul Verma said...
    The 2nd run "Bellin Run" is a 10 K run, so that is easily done. These are tenative runs I plan to do, it will all depend whether any injuries creep and how I feel.
    Anonymous said...
    Hey Chief,
    Just stopped in to see if you are keeping up with yourself. Can't wait to hear how the run in Paris goes.
    Penny
    Anonymous said...
    Hope all is going well for you on your trip. You should be in Paris by now. Good luck in your race.

    Sandy
    Anonymous said...
    I hope you are staying healthy. Bon Chance on Sunday.
    Judy

Post a Comment