Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chicago Marathon, Next Week

Ran the last long run today, prior to 10/10/10 ,the Chicago Marathon. Training for this one is not to my satisfaction, however, I think I have a chance of beating my personal best time of 4:29 hrs when I ran the Paris Marathon in 2008. Gosh it's been a long way since then. This summer was odd with all kind of issues. However life goes on somehow. I have been able to put in 3 twenty-milers, but have lacked in doing speed work and long tempo runs. I have to admit though that I felt good today and ran close to nine miles at a pace of 8.37 minutes per mile. However the real test is next weekend. It's going to be tough. I'll take anything, provided it is my best time yet. Will be leaving for Chicago on Friday. Saturday evening will host a pasta dinner for a small group of friends who are running the Chicago Marathon. It should be fun, I am looking forward to this week.

1 Comment:

  1. The Restless Souldier said...
    Hey Rahul,

    wishing you all the best and hope you beat your PB. Keep us posted.
    Are you coming for the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon? 21 Nov.

    Regards

    RS

Post a Comment