Saturday, January 17, 2009

Next week this time I will be close to running my 3rd attempt to another 26.2 mile journey on foot. How do I feel, well I have put in my effort completing the last long run today of around 10 miles. No training goes to plan, would have liked to a long run last weekend, but couldn't find time. 2 weeks back I had somehow managed to run a 20 miler on a treadmill. Won't recommend this to the sane, I had no choice, Green Bay is reeling with a Arctic Blast. The temperatures have been as low as -40 F. This year I got to be smarter, didn't try the heroics of last year training outdoors. I have to admit it is much more fun outdoors, but for now I have to accept whatever is an "easier" way to train. During the 20 mile run I watched 2 movies, and of course took some short breaks to refuel. I am feeling quite healthy and hopefully should have a good run. I leave on Wednesday for Paris and then onto Marrakesh. I will meet up with Peter Sayer, a runner from Atlanta who I got to know in Rio De Janerio when he ran his first marathon. On Friday I hoping to travel to Casablanca. Next day will be spent in Marrakesh, and also getting ready for the Marathon . Post Marathon, I am looking forward to a sumptuous Moroccan dinner celebration. I leave Morocco on Monday, 26th and return home on Tuesday after spending a night in Paris. Look out for the link to PHOTO STREAM , I will be uploading photos as I go along with this trip.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Good Luck and remember to take care of yourself while you are traveling. We'll visit your site to see updates and the photos so make sure you take a lot of them.

    Have a great time and think of your patients for motiviation...

    Penny Mellenthin
    Anonymous said...
    أتمنى لكم حظا سعيدا
    Anonymous said...
    Hope your travels are going well. It sounds like you are very prepared this time around and will have a good race. You have inspired more people to get out and run further than they ever dreamed. 4 months ago I struggled running 3.5 miles and tomorrow I will be doing 14 miles. Keep running hard and we'll follow your lead! Thank you for making running a part of my life and enjoy the run this weekend. We look forward to your next update.

    Dave Mellenthin
    Rahul Verma said...
    Penny & Dave, thanks for your kind encouraging words. Marrakesh is quite a different experience so far, hopefully the run should go well on Sunday....Keep running

Post a Comment