Saturday, February 20, 2010

Year Ahead

The temperature in Green Bay, still in the 30s, however, I can sense Spring is in the air. It is getting milder for this town's standards. Today morning I spotted a number runners going for their morning jogs. It's also the time of the year when resolutions are made. I have to admit I have not been able to run as much as I would like to partly due to a busy work schedule. I am training to do the Green Bay Cellcom Half Marathon in April. My hope is to complete the run in around 1 hour and 45 minutes. This for now seems like a tall order, but if I am able to achieve this, then would surely put me in a strong position to prepare for a Fall Marathon. It was a dilemma where to run. I finally decided to run the Chicago Marathon. The other options were Milwaukee Marathon, which apparently is a fast course to run on. However it lacks the charm of Chicago, but most importantly, the crowd support. I also considered running in Berlin, but could not fit in in my schedule. I am working that particular weekend. Not to mention Chicago is a much cheaper prospect. I am hoping to run at least 3 times a week and time permitting do cross training at least twice a week. The cross training will involve spinning routines. This year, the hope is to complete some fast runs. I will plan to do the Antarctica Marathon in December only if I am able to finish a sub-four hour Marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment