Sunday, July 26, 2009

Training Update


Less than 2 months from now I arrive in Sydney, Australia to hopefully finish the 4th full Marathon in my quest to run a Marathon on all continents. In the last few weeks I have been to able to ramp up my weekly mileage although there is still a lot of work to be done. Part of the fun running Marathons is the training phase which has to be followed religiously. I have been trying to keep up with a running schedule of at least 3 times per week. In the last two weeks have been able to run 2 long runs of more than 12 miles. The long runs were on Lakeshore Drive Trail, Chicago. My hope is to complete at least one 20 mile plus long run in the last week of August. During the working week, with time constraints, I have tried to put in some faster shorter Tempo runs. The good news is that I remain healthy and cautiously optimistic. Some nervousness remains inspite of putting approx. 1800 miles of running in the last 2 yrs and having had some Marathon running experience. I do at times wonder the crazy sounding goal I set out to do almost 2 yrs. back, it seemed almost impossible, but now there is a good chance I may be able to pull it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment