Sunday, February 22, 2009

Decision Made

I have been struggling with a delimma, which now is resolved. For a few days I contemplated running The North Pole Marathon, yes on the North Pole, 90 degrees North, the only marathon run entirely on water. The temptation was to be part of multinational representation in the centenial year of first ever exploration to North Pole. Better sense has pervailed, I am not running the treacherous path, this adventure is for some other year and for now I plan to stick to my initial goal of running a marathon in each continent. The next Marathon would be in Sydney, Australia, on 20th September. This would be followed by Chicago Marathon, on 14th October. And then if I still have it my legs will attempt the Ice Marathon, Antarctica, on 14th December. This leaves me with spring and summer to train, "get better". Much of the training will be working on speed, and learning to run efficent runs. I will do some races including the Cellcom Half marathon, in Green Bay and the Bellin Run (10 K). I think this schedule should keep me motivated for the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment