Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Later this week I will be traveling to India to attend a wedding. Within a few hours of my arrival, will attempt to participate in the 1st half-marathon hosted by Running and Living, an organization which has been trying to promote Fitness by Running in India. This run is being held in Gurgoan which is at the outskirts of New Delhi. If I feel strong enough, I'll attempt to finish 16 miles that day. It should give me a break from running under different layers of clothing as the weather is likely to be much better in India.
Running in India is still infancy. It is very hard to find any joggers on the run. On my last visit in March I was able to run in Nehru Park near the diplomatic enclave, the park is small but I was still able to do around 8-9 mile runs there. I was well protected from the traffic and stray dogs, which can be an issue in India. Long term I would like to do at least 3 runs in India, of course, the top race is the Mumbai Marathon, most likely in January 2010 as the last leg of my 7 continent journey. Hopefully Mumbai will be much safer and quieter then it has been the last few days. Recently held Delhi Half-Marathon also seems very appealing. If I ever get to be crazy enough to do ultra marthon I will definitely consider Bangalore Ultra .

2 Comments:

  1. Tanvir Kazmi said...
    Good to see you at the R&L run in Gurgaon. I was there as a volunteer and saw you on the U-turn at the starting line, I actually called out your name... but could not really catch you... hope you had fun.
    Rahul Verma said...
    Would have loved to meet you in person, well this was our 2nd attempt, may be in Mumbai 2010. Thanks to all the volunteers.

Post a Comment