Thursday, November 20, 2008

Weather Woe's

Green Bay's notorious winter is back. In the last few weeks the temperatures have dipped to less then 20 degrees Fahrenheit. It is getting tough, to run outdoors in morning hours. I'm surprised how quickly the weather has changed from record-breaking 70 degrees Fahrenheit in October to quickly dropping to 20 degrees. Compared to this, last year, I was able to run outdoors quite easily up to middle of January. I think the injury's risk goes up in colder weather. Obviously I want to avoid this. I am trying to do 3 runs a week. The first run is usually a speed run. This week I did 2 miles of easy run followed by 4 X 800 meters with 1.5 minutes of recovery interval in between. The pace for 800 repetitions was 7.5 minutes per mile. The 2nd run today was a Tempo run, 1 mile of easy run followed by 5 miles @ 8 minute per mile pace. This weekend I am planning a long run of 14 miles at 9.15 minute per mile pace. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    What do you wear when you run? Do you wear a fleece, gloves, etc? I'm looking for Christmas gift ideas for David and he complains he is VERY cold when he runs.
    Penny
    Anonymous said...
    Very informative.I glad i read your post today.It,s motivates me to get up and go from couch even it is cold out.I will start running.THANKS.

Post a Comment